Help, I've locked myself out and the key is inside!

Comments and suggestions about this site

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Help, I've locked myself out and the key is inside!

Postby RedWillow » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:37 am

Actually, I haven't, but I've found a way in which someone could. This is a FYI for Mike really, but I'm sure others will wish to comment.

I've just changed the email address in my profile. I was prompted to enter my login password before the forum software would accept the change. No problem. I did so, clicked on submit and then the forum software told me it had de-activated my account and that I had to re-activate it from the email it had sent to my new email address.

Fair enough, but what if I had made a typo in the new email address? Account locked and no way to re-activate it.

No more LXF forums. Would I have to go back to Windows? :(

:wink:
RedWillow
LXF regular

Postby bobthebob1234 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:13 pm

surely you would have to go though the window? :D
For certain you have to be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was
bobthebob1234
LXF regular

Postby M-Saunders » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:17 pm

That's when you click the Contact link at the top and mail me :-) In the six years I've been running this site, it hasn't happened, so I don't think we need to worry about it.

M
M-Saunders
LXF regular

Postby RedWillow » Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:06 am

M-Saunders wrote:In the six years I've been running this site, it hasn't happened, so I don't think we need to worry about it.

Indeed. And I've just thought of an advantage for the system as it is. However, this depends upon someone convincing a certain fishy member of the forum to change their email address. He will almost certainly make a typo, and then.... :twisted:

:wink:
RedWillow
LXF regular

Postby bobthebob1234 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:31 am

:D Lol

I haven't seen him in a while. Although saying that he will be the next post won't he...
For certain you have to be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was
bobthebob1234
LXF regular

Postby nelz » Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:51 am

No :)
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby Dutch_Master » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:43 pm

And not in the one after that either :P

:mrgreen:
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

Return to This Website