Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Request: Vector Linux

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PhilC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:45 pm    Post subject: Request: Vector Linux Reply with quote

Any chance of getting vector linux on the cover disk ?
It was recommended to me on the forums and also in LXF (No. 71 or 72 in response to a readers letter).

I tried to get a CD burnt at work with this on it (very risky) but unfortunatlely the CD was corrupt when I tried to install Sad

I'd still like to try it, but not the SOHO version as I want it for an old machine.

Cheers
Philc
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: RE: Request: Vector Linux Reply with quote

Possibly -- we've already got plans for the next few discs but I'll look into it Smile

M
kevanf1
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:08 am    Post subject: RE: Request: Vector Linux Reply with quote

PhilC. You want the standard version mate. It is an excellent distro. Somewhat different to the everyday distros that do everything for you. It is an easy step though set up just in text mode (nice text mode though). I found it quite intuitive especially when it came to disk partitioning. I have always left that to the distro to automatically set up. Not with Vector. It gives you all the information you need to set up the various partitions. Or you can of course let it do it all itself Smile
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: