Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

File Manager Roundup

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doctorflange

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: File Manager Roundup Reply with quote

Couldn't agree more with the outcome of this roundup. Back in my RedHat/Fedora days, I used to use Nautilus for file management and Epiphany or FireFox for browsing.

However, since moving over to Mandrake about a year ago (and switching to KDE), I use Konqueror for both. I find that there aren't many sites that Konqueror can't handle these days - it's come on leaps and bounds in recent years. I's so versatile. And tabbed file management. You get so used to it. I've played with the beta of Vista but I still don't like Windows Explorer anything like as much as Konqueror.

It really has Konquered my desktop!

Signature license here. Background by Michele Valentinuz. Source.
overflow
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: RE: File Manager Roundup Reply with quote

I agree completely. Konqueror is wonderful. Having a webdav server open on one tab and a local directory on anothr is very handy.

After using Konqueror, I find Windows Explorer very frustrating
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: