Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Noob Admin

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:49 pm    Post subject: Noob Admin Reply with quote

So the other day i was asked by a website admin to take over his roll as he no longer has time to maintaine and update the site, ok i said but then when i realized what i would need to do im stuck and im not getting repliys fom the orginall admin heres my problem.

At the site where i admin we have groups ie main, user etc etc the main get e-mail with there registration i need to know how i would setup email for the new main members while i was looking on the ftp part of the site i noticed some files and have found that its on a Linux server the file containded /home/username /bin/bash while im looking at this file ive noticed that all the main members have a home dir and have put two and two together and cam up with 4 Very Happy im guessing that they must have a home dir on the server for the email, how would i make a new account on the server and set it up so that the members can download a .reg which sets outlook up so all they have to is enter there password just like i did when i became a new main member.

I know this is not a lot of info but you know what i know apart from admin pass Very Happy lol

the site is a php-nuke site ive checked in the admin section for the tools i need but to no avail.

please help

Thanks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: