Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

spirelug??!?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spd106

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: spirelug??!? Reply with quote

Does anyone know what's happened to chesterfield's lug? Their website doesn't appear to exist anymore. www.spirelug.org.uk

I was hoping to get involved in linux in my local community, I even tried to go to a meeting but there was noone about, i'm sure i was at the right place as there was a "Spirelug this way" sign on the wall.

I may just be starting out in linux and i expected it to a challenge at first, but i wasn't expecting the local users to hide from me. Is it some sort of initiation test? I realise that some groups are very small and lack resources, so i would offer to help out where i can. I thought it would be advantageous to everyone to encourage new people to experiment with linux and that the community spirit is what open source development is all about.

I suppose i could always try sheffield, they seem more active and at least they have a presence on the web.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: