Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cover Disc contents (n yes this does belong here .. i think)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
numskull

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Cover Disc contents (n yes this does belong here .. i think) Reply with quote

Sup,

I am part of a LUG group (a bit of promo: www.plug.org.nz). I became the librarian (however that happened) for this little LUG group on the other side of the world. ( .... love ya mag).
Anyway I brought your LXF 66 May 2005 Mag wich I really enjoyed (Go Gnome... Grrr).
An now that I have finished reading the mag (from back to front an back again) i am donating it and the cover disc to our library an wanna post the DVD Contents on our site or a link or something like that... so i made my way to this site and to my dismay found no listings for the DVD or CD Contents or discriptions of the mags.
And as I thought that this would be a very helpful thing for you to have on your site. Not only for me but I'm sure someone else would find it useful (starts looking frantically.... pauses .... oh sorry were was I... ) and so I created a user an found my way to your forums, I considered e-mailing one of your guys in the "Contact Us" area but I thought that this might be a better option as I could also get backed up by others on the site that agree with me.
Oh an of course this will also help you cause that means I can post a link to your site on our site so it will get you more references wich will result in more readers for you. An who knows you might become favorite linux mag for the whole world.... just because you helped out a poor little New Zealander on the other side of the world.... who knows.
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 8:51 am    Post subject: RE: Cover Disc contents (n yes this does belong here .. i th Reply with quote

There are detailed listings of the disc contents on the discs, in Essentials/CSV. These are CSV files that could import into a database and display with PHP on your web site, or you could use sed/perl/whatever to massage them into static HTML.

I'd recommend you email the magazine to let them know what you are doing, just to confirm it is OK with them. It may get you a mention on the LUG page too.
numskull

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 2:07 am    Post subject: RE: Cover Disc contents (n yes this does belong here .. i th Reply with quote

okay thanks for the tip
ZebCarnell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:14 am    Post subject: RE: Cover Disc contents (n yes this does belong here .. i th Reply with quote

Palmy user ah? Theres no LUG's down here in Blenheim and I'm moving to Auckland at the end of the month so I don't see any point in making one untill I come back maybe in the future. Nice looking site.
numskull

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: RE: Cover Disc contents (n yes this does belong here .. i th Reply with quote

Thanks the site isn't mine it was made by the guy on there called brynn. He does web hosting an that sorta thing I just look after the Library Section.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: