Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using Gameport Joystick on Fedora 12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cagere

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Using Gameport Joystick on Fedora 12 Reply with quote

Hi. Can anyone give me ideas on installing and testing a joystick on Fedora 12. It is an old Logitech Wingman 3001 which is connected to the Gameport on a Soundblaster Live! sound card. The system seems to be detecting the emu10k1 chip in the card and loading a module which sounds as if it is correct. I have tried the "jstest" program but it wants to know the joysticks name. I tried js0 with no result. I suspect that I will have to setup a configuration file somewhere. Most of the Joystick info. on the net seems well out of date or is specific to other distributions (or both). In case it is any help "lspci" shows "03:08.1- Multimedia Audio controller: Creative Labs SB Live emu10k1(Rev06)" Help!
Cagere

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
In case it of use to others I have found info. that fixed the problem. There is a recent(24-02-2010) posting at "http://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/input/joystick.txt". This covers many brands of joystick and after doing a modprobe of joydev,....analog.....emu0k1-gp and doing a mknod input/js0 c 13 0 the joystick was detected by "joystick desktop" and calibrated just fine! I have now put the module info into /etc/rc.local so that it loads at boot time. All I have to do now is to persuade "Flight Unlimited"-DOS version to work with DosBox. Thanks Vojtech Pavlik!
CA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: