Magazine Delivery?

Discussion topics, Linux related - not requests for help

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Magazine Delivery?

Postby linuxfanatik » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:08 pm

I've been a subscriber for quite some time now, and have noticed that the magazine is creeping up to the same date it appears in WH Smiths. For instance, this month to date, I've not recieved my magazine, yet I live just twenty miles past Newcastle upon Tyne in the UK. The local bookie up here is laying bets on a 40/1 against whether linuxfanatik will get his Linux Format on time before it goes live in the Newsagents :P ! Joking aside, I used to recieve it a week before it was officially released in the shops - what's gone wrong? :?
Linuxfanatik

Non sibi sed omnibus - Not for oneself but for all
linuxfanatik

Postby johnhudson » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:10 am

Received mine on Saturday - the day I usually receive it.
johnhudson
LXF regular

Postby hecatae » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:01 am

received mine on the 9th October, my only delivery from the Postman
hecatae

Postby Marrea » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:22 pm

I received mine on Saturday.

It varies though. Sometimes I receive my copy on the Saturday before it goes on general sale but other times I don't receive it until the Monday or on the odd occasion it has been the Tuesday.

I put this down to the postal service and it doesn't really bother me. Quite frankly it wouldn't even bother me if I received my issue after it went on general sale. What matters to me is the extremely generous discount I get as a subscriber, because I certainly wouldn't pay £6.49 in WHS - I wouldn't even pay £5.49 (the price it would no doubt cost without the DVD, which incidentally I hardly ever use).

Incidentally, regarding the latest issue I hope the few pages of white text on black background which have crept in are not going to set a precedent. It may look very arty crafty but it is hopeless actually trying to read articles presented like this. :roll:
Marrea
LXF regular

Postby towy71 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:57 pm

Marrea wrote:Incidentally, regarding the latest issue I hope the few pages of white text on black background which have crept in are not going to set a precedent. It may look very arty crafty but it is hopeless actually trying to read articles presented like this. :roll:
It's better than red on green or vice versa but to be deplored anyway :roll:

btw my copy arrived on Saturday and I am ploughing my way through the distros in virtualbox
still looking for that door into summer
towy71

Postby Captain_Tux » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:56 am

I'm still waiting on LXF137.

Agreeing with Marrea, sooner would be better, but the subscriber discount is well worth it.
Captain_Tux
LXF regular

Postby Frustrated » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:24 pm

Like you all I have noticed a marked fall off on delivery. I took the matter up via the magazine section of the forum:-

http://www.linuxformat.com/forums/viewt ... highlight=

You may like to follow the poor deliveries up via the offer of assistance.

Hope this will help improve matters for you
Ubuntu 10.04; Intel Dual Core T2390 1.86Ghz; Intel GMA x 3100 graphics, Atheros AR242x802.11, 1GB RAM.
Frustrated
LXF regular

Return to Discussion