Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magazine Delivery?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
linuxfanatik

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:08 pm    Post subject: Magazine Delivery? Reply with quote

I've been a subscriber for quite some time now, and have noticed that the magazine is creeping up to the same date it appears in WH Smiths. For instance, this month to date, I've not recieved my magazine, yet I live just twenty miles past Newcastle upon Tyne in the UK. The local bookie up here is laying bets on a 40/1 against whether linuxfanatik will get his Linux Format on time before it goes live in the Newsagents Razz ! Joking aside, I used to recieve it a week before it was officially released in the shops - what's gone wrong? Confused

Non sibi sed omnibus - Not for oneself but for all
johnhudson
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Received mine on Saturday - the day I usually receive it.
hecatae

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

received mine on the 9th October, my only delivery from the Postman
Marrea
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received mine on Saturday.

It varies though. Sometimes I receive my copy on the Saturday before it goes on general sale but other times I don't receive it until the Monday or on the odd occasion it has been the Tuesday.

I put this down to the postal service and it doesn't really bother me. Quite frankly it wouldn't even bother me if I received my issue after it went on general sale. What matters to me is the extremely generous discount I get as a subscriber, because I certainly wouldn't pay 6.49 in WHS - I wouldn't even pay 5.49 (the price it would no doubt cost without the DVD, which incidentally I hardly ever use).

Incidentally, regarding the latest issue I hope the few pages of white text on black background which have crept in are not going to set a precedent. It may look very arty crafty but it is hopeless actually trying to read articles presented like this. Rolling Eyes
towy71

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marrea wrote:
Incidentally, regarding the latest issue I hope the few pages of white text on black background which have crept in are not going to set a precedent. It may look very arty crafty but it is hopeless actually trying to read articles presented like this. Rolling Eyes
It's better than red on green or vice versa but to be deplored anyway Rolling Eyes

btw my copy arrived on Saturday and I am ploughing my way through the distros in virtualbox
Captain_Tux
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still waiting on LXF137.

Agreeing with Marrea, sooner would be better, but the subscriber discount is well worth it.
Frustrated
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you all I have noticed a marked fall off on delivery. I took the matter up via the magazine section of the forum:-

http://www.linuxformat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12993&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

You may like to follow the poor deliveries up via the offer of assistance.

Hope this will help improve matters for you
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: