Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which html editor is the best one for html and php coding?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
jeriffstive



Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:20 pm
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Which html editor is the best one for html and php coding? Reply with quote

Which html editor is the best one for html and php coding?
vaginitis


Last edited by jeriffstive on Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bobthebob1234
LXF regular


Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:38 pm
Posts: 1368
Location: A hole in a field

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally use quanta plus

Or nano... Very Happy
_________________
For certain you have to be lost to find the places that can't be found. Elseways, everyone would know where it was
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
chrishall57



Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 2:13 pm
Posts: 45

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bluefish, Quanta Plus, Komodo Edit, whatever takes your fancy.
_________________
http://thesignofthecross.blogspot.com
Trisquel 5.0 / Antix M11
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coasthi



Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:12 pm
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are new to Programming try starting with Bluefish it works well and is user friendly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ScannerDarkly



Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 10:53 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Cardiff

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VIm or emacs
_________________
Linux since Ubuntu 6.06.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nordle
LXF regular


Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 10:56 pm
Posts: 1500

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

geany
_________________
I think, therefore I compile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
paulm
LXF regular


Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:53 am
Posts: 242
Location: Oxfordshire, UK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Medit
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicephotog



Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:32 am
Posts: 14
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kwrite pad in the K Desktop is pretty good for its point.
Have you seen this , this is a little different?
"SUcommanderXer"
http://www.nicephotog-jsp.net/SUcommanderXer-Last-Pre-Beta.jsp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ollie
Moderator


Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 2749
Location: Bathurst NSW Australia

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicephotog wrote:
Kwrite pad in the K Desktop is pretty good for its point.
Have you seen this , this is a little different?
"SUcommanderXer"
http://www.nicephotog-jsp.net/SUcommanderXer-Last-Pre-Beta.jsp


But the web sites that you've produced with it are shocking - they're not a good advert for your product.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
towy71
Moderator


Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:11 pm
Posts: 4242
Location: wild West Wales

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are shockingly horrible and w3c validator doesn't like the initial address's code at all Rolling Eyes

At least he isn't a troll Wink
_________________
still looking for that door into summer
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nelz
Site admin


Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:52 pm
Posts: 8368
Location: Warrington, UK

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a moment, I thought Geocities was back...
_________________
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicephotog



Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:32 am
Posts: 14
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ollie
But the web sites that you've produced with it are shocking - they're not a good advert for your product.


towy71
They are shockingly horrible and w3c validator doesn't like the initial address's code at all




I consider the above to be "non-answers" about HTML editors.
But the editor is not particularly shocking, it has features(the main points) that assist to do fast coding(SUcommanderXer is cross platform also).
The editor does not contain a w3c markup parser note too that "many(maybe the majority quantity of them)" forum sites HTML is not valid, and certainly often not valid XHTML particularly for the dynamically constructed pages.
It is also a common problem of the strategy when using 4.01 DTD Loose coding in JSP sites dynamic, that are adjusted after coding by being checked on different platforms and browsers.

I'll state it again, dynamic sites obtain that difficulty of valid markup immensely easily.
I believe a mild apology or statement retraction is in order about that editor.


So what's this from you LINUXFORMAT.CO.UK is that what Linux and your markup editor does to this forum....
w3c validator check lxf.co.uk
Errors found while checking this document as HTML 4.01 Transitional!
Result: 32 Errors, 262 warning(s)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ollie
Moderator


Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:26 pm
Posts: 2749
Location: Bathurst NSW Australia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicephotog wrote:
Quote:
ollie
But the web sites that you've produced with it are shocking - they're not a good advert for your product.


towy71
They are shockingly horrible and w3c validator doesn't like the initial address's code at all




I consider the above to be "non-answers" about HTML editors.
But the editor is not particularly shocking, it has features(the main points) that assist to do fast coding(SUcommanderXer is cross platform also).
The editor does not contain a w3c markup parser note too that "many(maybe the majority quantity of them)" forum sites HTML is not valid, and certainly often not valid XHTML particularly for the dynamically constructed pages.
It is also a common problem of the strategy when using 4.01 DTD Loose coding in JSP sites dynamic, that are adjusted after coding by being checked on different platforms and browsers.

I'll state it again, dynamic sites obtain that difficulty of valid markup immensely easily.
I believe a mild apology or statement retraction is in order about that editor.


So what's this from you LINUXFORMAT.CO.UK is that what Linux and your markup editor does to this forum....
w3c validator check lxf.co.uk
Errors found while checking this document as HTML 4.01 Transitional!
Result: 32 Errors, 262 warning(s)


LXF uses phpBB for it's forums, that's the choice of LXF not towy71 or myself. Dynamic PHP+MySQL driven web sites can be fully XHTML 1.0 Strict compliant - have a look at Drupal for an example.

Samuel, I'll stand by what I said - the sites shown when clicking on the link you provided look shocking. There is no web site design, they may have been written in various web programming languages using SUcommanderXer but they haven't been designed. If you want to promote a product you need something that makes people want to use it. Unfortunately, your sites don't make me want to use SUcommanderXer for web design - and I started writing web pages with HTML 3.2 and very basic text editors.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nicephotog



Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:32 am
Posts: 14
Location: Australia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ollie
they may have been written in various web programming languages using SUcommanderXer but they haven't been designed.


e.g metaphorically , there are minor bugs with using SUcommanderXer(but for its specific purposes it outperforms them in the context of having some direct functional services available) alike having a page designed or not designed but functional to the last bare minimum level. While the criticism is not splitting hairs it may as be that.
In the scheme of data location they have been designed a piece.


Quote:
ollie
Dynamic PHP+MySQL driven web sites can be fully XHTML 1.0 Strict compliant...



JSP can be worse than XHTML 1.0 Strict compliant , it can be geared to output xhtml 1.0 compliant and strict from Xerces and Xalan XSL parser libraries marked up after the DB outputs to the servlet and the serlet wraps a pure XML data holder page around it associate an XSL templating transformer document.
My pages sites don't do that either.

As to the being of design i'd prefer to point one detail to it all. Time is money and i'm more of an instruction coder, if i took the time to "design" as you say (i'll also point the site is a well known issue to me) , i would not have learned and tried many coding actions such as JSF , Google Maps javascript , or written functional parts of either "SUcommanderXer" or "Sidewinder".
My system there is a "fast front" end bolted to a reasonable "solid back end" (to wit both the JSF and PHP(another site) forms use "leap seconds" in their process , an obscurity , but only until you realise programming requires "time" in any language and not obscure to it all in any form).
A common problem of backend/servlet coding is real time for the front end.
http://download.oracle.com/javase/1.4.2/docs/api/java/util/Date.html
http://au.php.net/manual/en/function.mktime.php
I'm quite aware it should appear a .."block of flats not an abattoir"....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
nelz
Site admin


Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:52 pm
Posts: 8368
Location: Warrington, UK

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please use URL tags instead of pasting long URLs directly into your text. This thread is now unreadable as it takes up two screen widths on my netbook.
_________________
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Programming All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
Linux Format forums topic RSS feed 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group


Copyright 2011 Future Publishing, all rights reserved.


Web hosting by UKFast