Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Porting to Windows
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandyman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andychannelle wrote:

The problem is, though, that they might see this as 'doing enough', especially as DWMX runs better under Linux than under WinXP.

You jest I take it. Ran like about as well as Open Office(on Linux) the last time I saw it. Until there is a native app/suite on the lines of Dreamweaver/MX2004 Suite I'll have to keep XP on the Thinkpad
andychannelle
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been using DreamweaverMX happily (and snappily) on an Athlon 2400+/512MB and there is no noticable difference in terms of performance running it on the same machine in Windows. OO.o has a slow start up speed on all architectures, but I've stolen a trick from MS Office: I just throw OO.o Writer in my start up items and it's available once the system has booted. Booting takes slightly longer, but I only do it once a day, and that usually when I'm making coffee in the morning.

Andy
sandyman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe so but on my old Thinkpad T22 ouch.. MX2004 runs faster natively

Strange about the OO.o thing. I actually thought it was snappier on Windows. I don't know enough about all distros or the download version but a custom install would be nice (a la Windows). At home I only need a Word Processor. The rest of it is "T**s on a bull" for me. Abiword covers my needs.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: