Reading List

Discuss LXF Team Blog entries here

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Reading List

Postby Nigel » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:43 pm

Good Grief, Hudzilla - that's a pretty serious reading list you're taking with you. Is that deliberate, so that working on the Fedora book looks like fun in comparison ?
If you've room for one more, may I recommend "Going Postal" by Terry Pratchett - just out in paperback. Although you might not get much work done once you've started it...
Nigel
LXF regular

RE: Reading List

Postby Hudzilla » Tue Oct 11, 2005 11:14 pm

Nigel,

Actually, I'm just waiting for my wife to finish reading "Thud!" so I can read that. Going Postal is so last year ;)

Interestingly enough, there's a new Borders near here, so I shall have to pop over and get some books. I'm particularly interested in picking up Xenocide (the sequel to Speaker for the Dead) and Daisy Miller. I've only read a little of Henry James's work, and I'm working to change that!

It rains a lot in the north.

Paul
Hudzilla
Site admin

Re: RE: Reading List

Postby Nigel » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:30 pm

Hudzilla wrote:It rains a lot in the north.

having just got back from a week in sunny Italy, you have my deepest sympathy :lol:

Yeah, I know Going Postal's been around for a while (I've been listening to the Tony Robinson reading on CD since Christmas), but being a cheapskate I tend to wait for books to come out in paperback before parting with my hard-earned cash - Waterstones & Amazon make enough money from me as it is, without me buying hardbacks as well.

I would agree with Nick & Andy about "A Secret History" - I first read it some years ago, and it's on my shelf of books that I read again every couple of years. Not so sure about her long-awaited second book, though - it doesn't have quite the same appeal for me.

Happy Reading...

Nigel.
Nigel
LXF regular

Return to LXF Blog Comments