Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Send log events via SMS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mande01

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Send log events via SMS Reply with quote

Hello all,
This is my first post; I think it's in the right location.

I'm loviní LXF. Have a sub for about 1.5 years now and are totally converted to *nix. Was Win XP all the way.

Never in my life have I done coding or scripting, real beginner.

Question:
As per LXF132.tut_adv.pdf "Google Cal: Free SMS"
Is there any way that someone could help me implement this on a little server box?
Basically I want to be able to monitor log and get an SMS if something specific happens?

I fully understand the logic in the article but the only coding I did was Fortran 90 in college (under mech eng!) about 10 years ago for two months!!!

Basically i have not got a clue!

Any tutorials walk through or copy and paste scripts I could edit would be great.

I really think that something like this could be very useful to everyone.

To get this working I'm willing to build and test from scratch a new box if needed.
I'm a validation engineer, in the pharma sector, so I'm good at creating documentation and test protocols.

Thanks,
Derry

P.S. If I've posted in the wrong spot please move.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: