Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Firefox 4 bookmarks toolbar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
heiowge
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Firefox 4 bookmarks toolbar Reply with quote

Since the upgrade, I'm finding that now and again the bookmarks toolbar fails to open when clicked on. I have to restart ff to fix it.

Anyone else finding this?
ollie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Firefox 4 bookmarks toolbar Reply with quote

heiowge wrote:
Since the upgrade, I'm finding that now and again the bookmarks toolbar fails to open when clicked on. I have to restart ff to fix it.

No, FF4 on Ubuntu 10.10 from the http://ppa.launchpad.net/mozillateam/firefox-stable/ubuntu repo.
heiowge
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got f4 from an update. I assume it came from the firefox stable option I grabbed from the source centre (using ubuntu tweak).
RedWillow
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Firefox 4 bookmarks toolbar Reply with quote

heiowge wrote:
I'm finding that now and again the bookmarks toolbar fails to open when clicked on. I have to restart ff to fix it.

Do you mean that your folders in the bookmarks toolbar fail to drop down their contents when clicked? If so, then yes. There's an easier way. Click once on the desktop and they'll work again. Difficult when you're working with a maximised firefox though.
heiowge
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats the problem. But yes, I do use maximised ff. The issue wasn't there before the upgrade.
DaveS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Firefox 4 bookmarks toolbar Reply with quote

RedWillow wrote:
heiowge wrote:
I'm finding that now and again the bookmarks toolbar fails to open when clicked on. I have to restart ff to fix it.

Do you mean that your folders in the bookmarks toolbar fail to drop down their contents when clicked? If so, then yes. There's an easier way. Click once on the desktop and they'll work again. Difficult when you're working with a maximised firefox though.

Have been using Openbox lately. One of its features is the ability to set margins at the screen edges. By setting a margin or 3 or 4 pixels all round, I just have to shove the mouse pointer to a screen edge and I can click on the desktop even with maximised apps. Any way to do this in Gnome?
heiowge
LXF regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking that I've not had this problem for a while. Then I realised that when I reinstalled 10.10, I never upgraded from 3.6xxx Embarassed
RedWillow
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

heiowge wrote:
I was thinking that I've not had this problem for a while. Then I realised that when I reinstalled 10.10, I never upgraded from 3.6xxx Embarassed

Reading your post I've just realised I haven't seen this problem in a while either and I've been using Natty/FF4 ever since I last posted. Difference being that Natty was in beta when I last posted and now it's well past final release. A bug-fix must have slipped through and I didn't notice. Shame on me! Razz
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: