Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Firefox 4 changes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerdy-ish

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Firefox 4 changes Reply with quote

Are the Firefox developers starting to learn bad habits from Microsoft, namely, change for changes sake?

Installed Firefox 4, and the tabs bar have now moved to the top of the everything, although it is possible to get them back to where they have always been.

Also, they are putting the add-ons list into a tab instead of a pop-up window.
johnhudson
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think so; the problem with Firefox as far as I am concerned is that it used to take up far too much space at the top of the screen - not a good strategy when most screens have more horizontal than vertical space. It still isn't as stripped down as Konqueror, which only has three rows compared with Firefox's four, but it is an improvement from my point of view.

Mais chaque à son goût . . .
shaddack

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of like the changes in the Firefox 4 as well... Even the panorama view is useful I think, even though I did not think so from the beginning.
ollie

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using Ubuntu 10.10 with the Firefox 4 PPA (http://ppa.launchpad.net/mozillateam/firefox-stable/ubuntu) and there is a major difference to Firefox 4 on Windows 7. The title bar is still displayed, realistically just to display the 3 buttons in the top left (Close/Minimise/Maximise). This taking up extra room that could be used to display web page content.
Tony4

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Firefox 4 changes Reply with quote

I've used Firefox for as long as I can remember. However I agree with the Microsoft comment. Firefox used to be bullet proof, but I now find it suffers from glitches every so often.
DaveS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnhudson wrote:
I don't think so; the problem with Firefox as far as I am concerned is that it used to take up far too much space at the top of the screen.

Hit F11, but not if you are using JWM as it borks it and you are stuck in full screen forever Sad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: