Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Realy Need Help/Advice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tux_1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:43 pm    Post subject: Realy Need Help/Advice Reply with quote

Hey Guys

Ive used this communitys knolage many a times and will continue to do so as you get the answers you need/want for that thanks Very Happy

Here's the problem/advice i need help with

I have a spare box lying around that i want to add to my network and run as a mail/web server now setting the web part is no problem im going to be using no-ip.com or DynDNS.org as a redirector to my none static ip how ever lets just say that ive got a DNS name of tux_1.hopto.org i would like to if possible to setup a email server so that i can send and recive email via this address (me@tux_1.hopto.org) so that when i send mail it will arrive as me@tux_1.hopto.org and the person could repliy to that address. how would i go about this is it possible or would i need to buy a DNS and set email via that? also if it is possible how many email accounts could i have? im sorry but when i comes to servers ie web and especially email i dont have a great deal of knolage, i will be using redhat 9 as thats the only version of Linux will work on this box with no major impact.

Once again thats for any advice you can offer Very Happy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: