Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reasonable AGP graphics card required. [SOLVED]

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruno
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reasonable AGP graphics card required. [SOLVED] Reply with quote

The graphics card in my desktop has died (Nvidia GeForce 7600GT). There is no output from the DVI port but I can still get a rather corrupted picture from the VGA port. Booting, however, finishes at the command line login prompt with no change in resolution since the POST. Hence it's time for a replacement.

The problem is that the motherboard takes AGP graphics cards but these are proving to be in short supply. I can find a few GF6xxx series cards at reasonable prices (c. 30 quid) on the net but does anyone know where I could get a GF7xxx series card without paying nearly a ton for it?

Many thanks for any assistance,
Bruno
Bruno
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, I was browsing on Amazon and all-of-a-sudden they dropped the price of a PNY GF6200 card to 20 quid, so I've placed an order. Yes, it's a step down from my previous card but it should do the job and keep an old 'puter alive.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: