Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MediaTomb Remote Access From Linux (via SSH?)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad-Halfling

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: MediaTomb Remote Access From Linux (via SSH?) Reply with quote

Hi folks, I've set up a Mediatomb server on my home network and can browse the media on it fine from XBMC and my Android tablet, but I was interested in trying to get remote access to it set up.

I followed this guide http://blog.codezen.org/2011/06/29/android-mediatomb-upnplay-music-anywhere/ for setting it up on Android using port forwarding via ssh with ConnectBot and then manually setting up a WAN server on uPnPlay and it all works and plays my media, so it's certainly possible. I am struggling to get it working on Linux - I can set up a port to forward via SSH and access the MediaTomb web admin page using this, but I can't figure out how to get a media player to access the service with a manual configuration, rather than just letting it find the uPnP server on the network. Can anyone suggest any thing, please?

Cheers
MH
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: