SpaceFM: A multi-tabbed, multi-paned light file manager

Community announcements - software releases, LUG meetings etc.

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

SpaceFM: A multi-tabbed, multi-paned light file manager

Postby Farcry » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:51 pm

A test version of the new SpaceFM file manager has been released, but it is certainly usable and reliable enough already to become the default on my Arch Linux + Openbox systems. With multiple tabs, up to four panes and very light dependencies (such as GTK2 and optionally Udisks), SpaceFM packs a lot of function in little disk space and memory. But, it has an outstandingly innovative extra punch: its Design Mode lets you customize menus, icons, tools (and integration with Bash), etc until your heart is content!

I think this is one of the most useful developments I've come across in a long while. It certainly seems to be leaving some of the alternatives standing in its wake ...
:)
Farcry

How's SpaceFM going for you ...?

Postby Farcry » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:04 pm

Wow, 294 views of my initial post without a single reply yet! Does this mean that you are all deliriously happy with SpaceFM (now at version 0.7), or maybe that you can't build it or get the current packages working ... ?!
I am intrigued!
:wink:
Farcry

Postby Rhakios » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:31 pm

No, it means you put this in Announcements, which implies it doesn't necessarily require discussion.
Or, maybe people read the item and just said to themselves, "JAFM, sigh!" and moved on. ;)
Bye, Rhakios
Rhakios

Return to Announcements