Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Beagleboard

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:57 pm    Post subject: Beagleboard Reply with quote

Seeing how the Raspberry Pi is still not readily available has anyone got a Begaleboard-XM, and if so what is their experience of it.

I know that it cost 120 which is more that the Raspberry Pi but is it worth the extra money?
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And not even 2 weeks after your question the first batch of pre-ordered RPi's are being delivered Wink

I've been tempted by the Beagleboard (and likewise, the Arduino project) but price makes a huge difference, as is the (im)possibility to brick a device when tinkering with the wrong settings... Besides, I'm not a coding guy, I'd prefer chips (of the 'magic smoke' kind, in this case Razz) to solve a problem: if at first you don't succeed, add more pre-packaged transistors Wink
dhester

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price is the reason I was holding off getting the beagleboard. Hopefully the Raspberry Pi will be available soon as 25 is easier to justify on another computer than 125 for the Beagleboard.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: