Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sidewinder Photo Colour Balancer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicephotog

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:38 am    Post subject: Sidewinder Photo Colour Balancer Reply with quote

SideWinder Photo Colour Balancer (freeware)
Is a Java2 Desktop application for normal 24bit RGB colour photos. It requires JRE6 1.6.0_22

Why it's called "Sidewinder" is because of the way it walks accross all the grains of pixel! On "two settings" , the calibrated original(used alike a co-efficient) and the allowed valid image insert setting specified by the validity of the calibrated original.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyXNBAHu32o

ABOUT: SideWinderPhotoColourBalancer:
Of origin i couldn't find a "small" or "portable" imaging program that did colour balancing of 24bit colour images. That is the least of why! , i often found that shifting above and below the required levels for the RGB in an imaging program resulted in loss of the original data settings of pixels as they ranged outside and back into the images numeric parameters. So, i built this program to hold the original negative or positive out of bounds values of each pixel and reuse them as the boundary of the usable valid data moved in again for each pixel. Before learning computer programming, i learned photographic developing, C41,RA4,E6,PC30 e.t.c. , i also built my own 120mm and 35 mm colour enlarger, of this is the transfer over alike to balancing a colour photo card with film negative exposure.

Information and Download URL:
http://www.nicephotog-jsp.net/Sidewinder.html
Rhakios

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 6:52 am    Post subject: Re: Sidewinder Photo Colour Balancer Reply with quote

nicephotog wrote:
SideWinder Photo Colour Balancer (freeware)

But not FLOSS? I can't see a mention (given a cursory glance) of the license terms on your website.
nicephotog

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YOU ARE SO RIGHT IT DOESN'T!

BUT IT DOES NOT USE LIBRARIES(in that context)!

It's drawn direct from javax.imageio.* and E.T.C. so to speak

It's covered by the general software license terms of (if)economic remuneration (note: effectively none personally) and usage of any pre constructed coding(interesting paradigm for methods such as "readAll" in the javax.imageio.Reader in the Java programming API docs) for Sun Oracle Java2, as laid down in the standard JDK/SDK and JRE license and terms pointed to in the SDK/JDK "THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.txt" for developers using their Java2 to compile a program and re-distribute the objects or code. (various documents - sdk license context here)

The code and various other docs are indexed at this url , there are three PDF's.
http://www.scribd.com/nicephotog

The final use scenario i have is to do a specified job(employed for specific attribution of coding) , of i get it or someone else gets it , whether they learn something from my code is not particularly relevent , and if they truly needed to copy , then they would be too pathetic anyhow to care what they would do next , but alike patents , if they do better then better is better(...make serious improvement).
nicephotog

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*** Feb 21 New version with GAMMA/MID TONE ADJUST(aka mid tone adjust) for difficult dark photos that need colour drawn out of them. ***
NOTE: a .jar launcher to click on for 'NIX environments (don't forget to set the file permissions and owner to execute it!)

For Linux users, you can adjust the shell script and create a desktop link for drag and drop, At some time i will compile a UNIX executable .bin for this purpose the same as the MS-Win .exe

Around 1 year later(after miles of language and machine specific idiosynchratic problems), and using the same Library javax.imageio.*
i have a new version.

thumb view on file open panel
mouse-and-numeric selection
cropping
resizing
90 deg rotation
special photo colour contrast lowering
function action output text area logging

nicephotog-jsp.net/Sidewinder.html

Only PNG BMP and JPEG file types can be used.
nicephotog

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EBLA2-C17 2 SidewinderPhotoColourBalancer packaged(zip) for Linux with help files
JRE and Application install and configuration are at this page.
requires 1.5.0_03 or newer JRE.[/url]

New MS-Win compiled version: (don't know how it renders in Linux)
More viewer sizes and more colour intensity band filtering.
Also Text write on images.
EBLA4-C17

Req. at least 1GB RAM, and Java JRE.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: