Coming soon to an LUG near you...

Community announcements - software releases, LUG meetings etc.

Moderators: ChriThor, LXF moderators

Coming soon to an LUG near you...

Postby Alex01UK » Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:41 pm

OK Dudes I am doing a tour of the LUGs. I have prepared a 1 hr talk on The Chomebook and is it a good machine to run Linux and what can it do and what can it never do? and what is the performance like, and my experiences / advice etc I'm onto my 2nd Chromebook now; my first was an ARM........
So, a 1hr lecture, a 1 hr q&a session, and then a 2 hr installfest. 15.o4 Studio know....

If you'd like me to visit your LUG, contact me for a booking. I don't charge for expenses, other than a sofa to kip on for the night after the gig.
tia, aha from: Alex & 0L1K Le Chat Noir.
--
http://Www.Armani.PM
tB.xx
Chrome OS: ASUS C300 13.3'' Chromebook - Intel® Celeron® Processor N2830 32GB
13.3'' Apple MacBook Pro: OS X Yosemite, 64bit Unicorn Studio 14.1o, 32bit Mint 17.1 MATE

''I am what I am because we are what we are.''
Alex01UK
LXF regular

Re: Coming soon to an LUG near you...

Postby johnhudson » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:24 pm

Hi Alex

That's a bit long for our LUG; we tend to have more than one item in 90 minutes; we meet every second Monday in Bradford (Yorks) see http://www.bradlug.co.uk/ for the sorts of things we do - no problem about a place to kip.
johnhudson
LXF regular

Re: Coming soon to an LUG near you...

Postby Alex01UK » Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:20 am

Hi John, thanks for your reply. Obviously I change my lecture to suit those present and timescales etc.

I'm better at promoting Linux to non-Linux users, but we all know how good Linux is, so no point in me doing this sort of lecture for you, unless you want me to of course! I also do standup comedy, so even if you outknowledge me on Linux, it's worth turning up just for the show. These things are best planned though. I've got a buspass, so I can get pretty much anywhere for free / cheap if I use National Express for the longer trips, and it makes sense to crash on a sofa than claim expenses for b&b etc.

These days, I've become pretty much an expert on the Chromebook, so my talk is mostly about using this & My £5o Samsung Galaxy Young 2 phone {Kit-Kat} & a £3o Samsung USB DVD writer for all my computing needs and how successful, or not, it is, and what could be expected for a similar outlay, or buying second hand.

--
Alex Armani, Pro DJ \ Digital Musician.
Www.Armani.PM - http://ello.co
tB.xx
Chrome OS: ASUS C300 13.3'' Chromebook - Intel® Celeron® Processor N2830 32GB
13.3'' Apple MacBook Pro: OS X Yosemite, 64bit Unicorn Studio 14.1o, 32bit Mint 17.1 MATE

''I am what I am because we are what we are.''
Alex01UK
LXF regular

Return to Announcements