Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Experiences using SuSE Studio

View previous topic :: View next topic  
phorneker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:16 pm    Post subject: Experiences using SuSE Studio Reply with quote

For the past year, I have had a lot of fun using SuSE Studio. As a result, I have created a new Linux distribution that takes the LiveCD (or should I saw LiveDVD) experience to the limit.

Horneker Linux is a OpenSuSE derivative that was designed to be a complete Linux installation that can run directly off a DVD, or installed to your hard drive.

On the LiveDVD (3.5GB image) is the latest GNOME 3 and KDE 4 desktops, along with LibreOffice, Texlive, Firefox, Chromium, Opera, Abiword, Lyx, Texworks, Monodevelop, Banshee, Bluefish, the entire GCC compiler suite, and the following programming languages: Vala, Go, Perl, Python, Java, Mono, Lisp.

Hardware support is not skimpy, either. PCLinuxOS was the inspiration for this distribution, so support for many devices is available on the LiveDVD.

As of this writing, the Calico Edition (2013) was derived from OpenSuSE 12.2, whereas the Tabby Edition (2012) was derived from OpenSuSE 12.1.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: