Experiences using SuSE Studio

Non-computer-related chit-chat

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Experiences using SuSE Studio

Postby phorneker » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:16 pm

For the past year, I have had a lot of fun using SuSE Studio. As a result, I have created a new Linux distribution that takes the LiveCD (or should I saw LiveDVD) experience to the limit.

Horneker Linux is a OpenSuSE derivative that was designed to be a complete Linux installation that can run directly off a DVD, or installed to your hard drive.

On the LiveDVD (3.5GB image) is the latest GNOME 3 and KDE 4 desktops, along with LibreOffice, Texlive, Firefox, Chromium, Opera, Abiword, Lyx, Texworks, Monodevelop, Banshee, Bluefish, the entire GCC compiler suite, and the following programming languages: Vala, Go, Perl, Python, Java, Mono, Lisp.

Hardware support is not skimpy, either. PCLinuxOS was the inspiration for this distribution, so support for many devices is available on the LiveDVD.

As of this writing, the Calico Edition (2013) was derived from OpenSuSE 12.2, whereas the Tabby Edition (2012) was derived from OpenSuSE 12.1.
All words found in the Merriam Webster Dictionary including "and", "the", "it", "by", "or" and "not" are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation. ;-)
phorneker

Return to Off Topic