Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OpenWRT advice / help please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donkey42

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: OpenWRT advice / help please Reply with quote

hi guys i've being using Linux for a while now and i reckon it's time to get serious, for a while i've being looking at OpenWRT for my brcm4718 based WNR3500L, but i'm finding it hard to start as i'm unaware what i'm doing, i have had a few firmwares on it and Chillifire is on it now, now Chillifire is all well and good and it is OpenWRT with a pink fluffy GUI.

i have being trying to build my own starting from SVN, i have the OpenWRT Buildroot .pdf

now is this a good starting point ?

BTW: any and all help / advice will be gratefully received

thank you very much for reading this
bobthebob1234
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you got the pdf from the Open WRT website, then yes it is a good start!

Most usual config can be done in the 'pink fluffy GUI', and those that can't are usually very simple, just ssh in and boom.

I have found the openWrt website to be very good, answering any potential questions I have, and if I can't find the answer on the website someone else has usually asked the same question in the forums!
donkey42

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: thankies Reply with quote

bobthebob1234 wrote:
If you got the pdf from the Open WRT website, then yes it is a good start!
did, so good Very Happy
bobthebob1234 wrote:
Most usual config can be done in the 'pink fluffy GUI', and those that can't are usually very simple, just ssh in and boom.
Very Happy, i did like GUI but not it's kind of in the way of getting stuff done

bobthebob1234 wrote:
I have found the openWrt website to be very good, answering any potential questions I have, and if I can't find the answer on the website someone else has usually asked the same question in the forums!
that's good, and thankies very much for replying

BTW: where thank you ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Other OS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: