Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Suggestion for article (IPv6 & DNSSEC)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hans66

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:01 am    Post subject: Suggestion for article (IPv6 & DNSSEC) Reply with quote

Hi

Can you run an article on IPv6? I am nowadays 100% IPv6 compliant (home, LAN, router, ISP,...). Some of the questions I struggle with: On IPv4 side, I know how to access my http & ssh server from outside. But how do I do this on IPv6? Do I have one IPv6 exposed, use port routing to inside address? Or are all my internal IPv6 also exposed to the outside? (I thought that was the deal with IPv6?). But how does that work with friendly domain names. I have only one outside URL...how can it be used to access multiple IPv6 addresses in my home....

On DNSSEC, I run a dnssec validator in chrome, but I can't find validated websites...while my modem & ISP (xs4all) are DNSSEC compliant. Worthwhile to spend an article on this?
Paradigm Shifter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a good suggestion. Seconded. Smile
stargateuser

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, fantastic idea.

I had my setup all IPV6 for a while, but HOW on earth do you access stuff remotely? My solution was to put all my IPs onto a text doc and cut and paste. There has to be a nicer and better way Rolling Eyes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: