Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Enable java permissions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
paulm
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Enable java permissions Reply with quote

I'm a long time user of WoaS (Wiki on a Stick). Firefox is no longer able to save WoaS files. While there is a workaround, its pretty clumsy.

Another suggested alternative is to try Chrome or Chromium. I've got Chromium installed under Arch, so I decided I'd give it a go. Hit a (different) problem. When I attempt to save a WoaS file, I get this:

Code:
WoaS: Unable to save the '/home/fang/Documents/html/notes2.html' file.

It was not possible to use TiddlySaver Java applet nor direct Java saving. Please check that TiddlySaver.jar is in the same directory as this WoaS and that you have enabled Java permissions for it.

The TiddlySaver.jar file is in the directory that I use for WoaS files, so that part is ok. However, I've not managed to find what I need to do to "enable Java permissions" for the file.

So can anyone point me in the right direction? I use WoaS a lot, and would hate to have to try and find an alternative for it. The current maintainer may be able to fix it, but he's currently on the road, so it may take a long time....

Paul.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: