sell old magazines on ebay - note in magazine

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

sell old magazines on ebay - note in magazine

Postby comcamel » Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:40 pm

i queried a while ago about getting magazines cheaper, but it wasn't possible - however i think it was Andy who said it was a good idea to put old magazines on say, ebay and get money back whilst allowing other people to get them cheaper. Well, could this be mentioned in the magazine, sometime. As i have only seen a set of linux format magazines a month ago, and they were really old ones, which was a shame. Hope you can do!
comcamel
LXF regular

RE: sell old magazines on ebay - note in magazine

Postby firefox » Fri Nov 04, 2005 11:36 am

I've got all issues going back for over a year, so if anyone is interested then message me.

I don't like to throw them away, but I don't usually re-read them, they just sit there collecting dust.

It would be nice to advertise the whole lot on ebay as one sale, but then let people choose the ones they want, rather than putting 20-odd advertisements on there for each individual magasine.
firefox

Re: RE: sell old magazines on ebay - note in magazine

Postby Nigel » Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:41 pm

firefox wrote:It would be nice to advertise the whole lot on ebay as one sale, but then let people choose the ones they want, rather than putting 20-odd advertisements on there for each individual magasine.

You could try using a "dutch auction", ie have one ad with 20 items available - trouble is you would run into problems if two people wanted the same issue.
Nigel
LXF regular

RE: Re: RE: sell old magazines on ebay - note in magazine

Postby comcamel » Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:24 pm

really it is a first come first serve, however you could always make it a private auction for only members on the linux format forum. However, in another way it could be considered, "recycling". However i cannot afford to pay out 6.99 a month, where i could only splash out if they were 4 to 5 pounds without cd and dvd's, even though they wouldn't cost much.

Promoting the selling of magazines should be put in the back of linux format; possibly i may be going to lugs so they may be able to share, however for now i will have to wait.

Good thing though that there isn't any plastic wrap on them, as i wouldn't be intrested at all, as you want to get a feel of what the content is in the magazine.
comcamel
LXF regular

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs