Gimp tutorial and cost of mag

Comments, suggestions and questions about Linux Format magazine and the coverdiscs

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Gimp tutorial and cost of mag

Postby mrtessster » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:21 pm

Being someone who stumbles through the odd photo-edit, I thought I would give the Gimp project in LX69 a go. Can't be too hard I thought, just follow the steps so I pick aa couple of images to practise on and start reading......"Make a selection of the (image) by using the FuzzySelect tool".
ok.. lessee, wheres fuzzy select....... I have "select hand-drawn regions", "select contiguous regions", "select regions from colour" and "select shapes from image" but no "fuzzy select". Then a little bit later the article refers to the "free select" tool.
my gimp aint got one of them either. Too hard, forget it.
I am sure this is all explained in previous issues but LX is such an expensive magazine I can only afford to buy it occasionally ($19.00 - $25.00 depending on CD or DVD or air-freight sticker. If the mag has the air sticker it sometimes gets here (Darwin Australia) a few days before the others. This is more than twice the price of aust mags and at least 5 bucks more that comparable doze mags from the UK.)
mrtessster

RE: Gimp tutorial and cost of mag

Postby towy71 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:36 pm

Sorry to hear that the mag is so expensive down under!
You are right about menu items, they change the names and move them about just to keep you on your toes but hey it is still a great program and there is this excelent tutorial
still looking for that door into summer
towy71

RE: Gimp tutorial and cost of mag

Postby mrtessster » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:39 am

Good tutorial, thanks. :D
mrtessster

Return to Magazine and coverdiscs