Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gimp tutorial and cost of mag

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrtessster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:21 pm    Post subject: Gimp tutorial and cost of mag Reply with quote

Being someone who stumbles through the odd photo-edit, I thought I would give the Gimp project in LX69 a go. Can't be too hard I thought, just follow the steps so I pick aa couple of images to practise on and start reading......"Make a selection of the (image) by using the FuzzySelect tool".
ok.. lessee, wheres fuzzy select....... I have "select hand-drawn regions", "select contiguous regions", "select regions from colour" and "select shapes from image" but no "fuzzy select". Then a little bit later the article refers to the "free select" tool.
my gimp aint got one of them either. Too hard, forget it.
I am sure this is all explained in previous issues but LX is such an expensive magazine I can only afford to buy it occasionally ($19.00 - $25.00 depending on CD or DVD or air-freight sticker. If the mag has the air sticker it sometimes gets here (Darwin Australia) a few days before the others. This is more than twice the price of aust mags and at least 5 bucks more that comparable doze mags from the UK.)
towy71

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:36 pm    Post subject: RE: Gimp tutorial and cost of mag Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that the mag is so expensive down under!
You are right about menu items, they change the names and move them about just to keep you on your toes but hey it is still a great program and there is this excelent tutorial
mrtessster

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:39 am    Post subject: RE: Gimp tutorial and cost of mag Reply with quote

Good tutorial, thanks. Very Happy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: