Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

using local dvd with vncviewer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whitbym

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: using local dvd with vncviewer Reply with quote

Hi, I use tightvnc from 2 old laptops (not at same time) in the house onto my desktop. One of my uses is Handbrake using desktop dvd player to transcode films onto my phone to watch later. I wondered if it is possible to use the dvdplayers in the laptops (i.e. clients) rather than having to keep going to the desktop pc (i.e. the server) to put the dvd's into. I did try x forwarding Handbrake as well a while ago but settled on tightvnc but even then I couldn't figure out if using local dvd on server was possible. I'm a novice linux user (though have been 'trying' to solely use it since 2008)
One 'local' solution is to convert dvd to iso image but if I only want a couple of tracks from the dvd, this approach means I have to convert all of the disc to iso. Also it is another step in a process which could be much simpler if client dvd simply could work with server.
Your help would be appreciated
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: