Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Android Play Store ver LXF & existing subscribers can't

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should LXF Android Play Store version be free for current LXF Subscription customers
Yes if they enter their subscription acct number because moving to electronic delivery is cheaper than printing mailing physical magazines
83%
 83%  [ 5 ]
No, its a different delivery method
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I didn't know LXF was available now in Android Play Store
16%
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

bmullan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Android Play Store ver LXF & existing subscribers can't Reply with quote

I just read in my latest LXF that there was now LXF available via the Android Play Store.

I got my tablet fired up and checked and yes LXF is there but I could see no where that an existing subscriber of the magazine could download and install it without... having the resubcribe through Play Store ???

I don't want to pay twice for a 1 or 2 year subscription?

Any plans to change this.

Thanks...
Brian
xenopeek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be nice, and I agree because for my newspapers and another magazine I do get free access to the digital subscription as a print subscriber.

But I recall a related question from a digital subscriber, who wanted access to the subscriptions only area (archives). According to the website, that's not included with a digital subscription:
Quote:
Please note that digital subscriptions do not include the coverdisc that comes with the magazine, or any covermount gifts. Access to the subscriptions only area is also not available.

IIRC it was answered in the magazine that the publisher doesn't want this. Adding free access the to digital subscriptions, for print subscribers, is probably a problem for the publisher for the same reason.
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure why you'd want two digital subscriptions, but print subscribers already get access to PDFs.
xenopeek

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps I've incorrectly assumed the iOS or Android subscription would be tailored to those devices? I'd think it would be reformatted for use on small screens of tablets and smartphones, and not be the same PDF file you can access as print subscriber on your computer (big screen Wink).
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Formatting it to work on anything from a 4" to 10" screen is quite a challenge. For that matter, reading it on a 4" screen would be quite a challenge. Perhaps they'll release an audio book version Wink
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does that include the ad's then? Rolling Eyes Evil or Very Mad Mr. Green
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: