Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

credit card madness

View previous topic :: View next topic  
guy
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:20 pm    Post subject: credit card madness Reply with quote

A week ago somebody reported a problem with my credit card number. The credit card company thoughtfully stopped the card. Buying my family's food down the supermarket, I just thought the checkout card reader was being mardy, it happens more often than it should. Luckily I also have a cheque card on my current account, so I used that instead.

But I don't use my cheque card online (I don't want my account drained). I register my credit card with some of the more trustworthy online. So when I tried to buy something off Amazon, it was refused next day.

Turns out I will have to wait for a new card to arrive, the one in my sweaty paw is dead as a doornail. Of course, the bank waited until I called in before actually doing anything useful like contacting me.

And all because someone I never heard of reported a problem that never existed with a card that wasn't theirs.

I just count myself lucky I wasn't trying to book a change of itinerary at Ulan Bator airport at the time. I asked the helpdesk chap to pass that thought up the food chain.

But this opens up a new scenario - "If Microsoft issued a credit card ....".
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, the 'mail intercept' scam... Some bloke reported your card, you get a new one issued, but it never arrives in your mailbox... Rolling Eyes I hope your CC-company is actually smart enough to have it delivered by a 'signed-for' method... Confused
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: