credit card madness

Non-computer-related chit-chat

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

credit card madness

Postby guy » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:20 pm

A week ago somebody reported a problem with my credit card number. The credit card company thoughtfully stopped the card. Buying my family's food down the supermarket, I just thought the checkout card reader was being mardy, it happens more often than it should. Luckily I also have a cheque card on my current account, so I used that instead.

But I don't use my cheque card online (I don't want my account drained). I register my credit card with some of the more trustworthy online. So when I tried to buy something off Amazon, it was refused next day.

Turns out I will have to wait for a new card to arrive, the one in my sweaty paw is dead as a doornail. Of course, the bank waited until I called in before actually doing anything useful like contacting me.

And all because someone I never heard of reported a problem that never existed with a card that wasn't theirs.

I just count myself lucky I wasn't trying to book a change of itinerary at Ulan Bator airport at the time. I asked the helpdesk chap to pass that thought up the food chain.

But this opens up a new scenario - "If Microsoft issued a credit card ....".
Cheers,
Guy
The eternal help vampire
guy
LXF regular

Postby Dutch_Master » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:33 pm

Ah yes, the 'mail intercept' scam... Some bloke reported your card, you get a new one issued, but it never arrives in your mailbox... :roll: I hope your CC-company is actually smart enough to have it delivered by a 'signed-for' method... :?
Dutch_Master
LXF regular

Return to Off Topic