Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Have to change resolution to fix lag

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RyanF109

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Have to change resolution to fix lag Reply with quote

While playing games on Steam (namely Left 4 Dead 2 and Garry's Mod) they start running absolutely fine and then after a random time the FPS will drop to roughly a constant 15fps permanently and to fix this I have to change resolution from the options menu and change back, and after a random period of time it will happen again.

I am using 310 drivers obtained through the "Additional Drivers" in 12.04. This also happens in Linux Mint.
darry1966

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Re: Have to change resolution to fix lag Reply with quote

RyanF109 wrote:
While playing games on Steam (namely Left 4 Dead 2 and Garry's Mod) they start running absolutely fine and then after a random time the FPS will drop to roughly a constant 15fps permanently and to fix this I have to change resolution from the options menu and change back, and after a random period of time it will happen again.

I am using 310 drivers obtained through the "Additional Drivers" in 12.04. This also happens in Linux Mint.

Can I ask you Ryan to maybe try asking Spatry on Spatry's cup of Linux on Youtube he is an expert on Steam.
Ram
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What GFX card you running, I have no issue with my old GTS8800 with CSS, TF2 or Portal, have yet to get L4D or GM.

lubuntu LXDE 13.10 running on AMD Phenom II*4; ASUS Crosshair III Formula MB; 4 GB Ram.....
RyanF109

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ram wrote:
What GFX card you running, I have no issue with my old GTS8800 with CSS, TF2 or Portal, have yet to get L4D or GM.

GTX 460
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: