Is LinuxFormat safe in Future publishing's hands?

Discussion topics, Linux related - not requests for help

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Is LinuxFormat safe in Future publishing's hands?

Postby Fíona » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:42 am

I am extremely unhappy to discover that Graham Morrison, Andrew Gregory and Ben Everard have left LinuxFormat. Is it coincidence that 3 contributors leave around the same time? Did they fall or.........?

What is going on at Future Towers; is LinuxFormat safe in their hands?
Fíona

Postby purplepenguin » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:36 pm

Hi Fiona

I expect that quite a few of the loyal readers will be sharing your anxiety. When I heard the announcement in the podcast I was truly shocked. I felt as though I had been given some really bad news.

While I'm sure Graham and Co will be missed. I'm going to continue with my sub for now. Perhaps the mag will be even better, If that's possible?

At least we didn't loose Neil. - Saying that he's been rather quiet on the forum lately. Hmm. Perhaps Ben, Graham and Andrew have taken him hostage.
So it looks like I'm back to LinuxMint again. Why you ask? Because my machine smell nicer.

I'm not too sure I'd want a Mint and Cinnamon muffin with my brew though. Guess I'm lucky they don't run my local bakery.
purplepenguin
LXF regular

Postby nelz » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:32 pm

I'm still here, just a little subdued while still recovering from OggCamp (maybe Graham spiked my drinks ;-)).

It's not my place to speak for LXF, Future or anyone else, but I have been in touch with the new editor and they have some good ideas for future (pun unintended but inevitable) issues.

While I'm sure Graham and Co will be missed. I'm going to continue with my sub for now. Perhaps the mag will be even better, If that's possible?

That seems an eminently sensible attitude.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Return to Discussion