Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bridge not forwarding packets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
realflash

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:56 am    Post subject: Bridge not forwarding packets Reply with quote

Dear all,

I am trying to unite two network segments with a bridge so that they act as though they are one, with broadcast traffic passing freely between them. I'm using OpenVPN in its point-to-point mode, unencrypted, to connect the two across a third segment to which both have access. Diagram attached.

I followed http://openvpn.net/index.php/open-sourc ... dging.html, and things have gone relatively well. When A pings B, I see an ARP request sent from A appear on eth2 on the far side (wireshark attached to eth2) - clearly the near side has picked up the broadcast, sent it across the tunnel, and placed it on the segment that is connected to eth2. B doesn't receive it (and consequently doesn't reply, so A can't work out where to send the echo request to). The same is true in reverse - the packets get to the real NIC on the far side, but don't seem to appear on the wire. All machines are CentOS 6.5 running on ESXi.

I have ip_forward = 1, rp_filter = 0, and the firewall is off (no rules and all policies are ACCEPT. Can anyone make any suggestions as to how I might proceed?

So far I have posted to my LUG, OpenVPN and CentOS, all without significant reply, which I think means my problem is well researched and probably difficult.

Thanks

Some config for CC at http://pastebin.com/TJ3xR5T6

[/img]
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: