Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

localhost login Mandriva

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JimT

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:37 pm    Post subject: localhost login Mandriva Reply with quote

I'm on the west side of the pond. Wash. DC. I just bought the Mandriva issue. I had 9.2 installed on a second HD and working fine. I did a complete install of your cover cd's a couple times. It always boots to the localhost login. I log in and try to run "kde" and just get error messages. The instuctions say I should get a GUI at login not the linux dos login.
Rhakios

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: RE: localhost login Mandriva Reply with quote

You should try running startx and look at the error messages you get then, unless it works, of course.

You could try logging in as root and running XFdrake, it will run in console mode, but this will allow you to check that it has your correct monitor and graphics card selected, and if not, change them.
firefox

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: RE: localhost login Mandriva Reply with quote

Are you sure you installed kde and X.org ?
frazelle09

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Mandriva 2006 Reply with quote

Also have my KDE coming up with localhost window and have to login. Before upgrading from 10.1 it was set up so that i would be logged in automatically. Iīve tried to change this through MCC and some KDE specific menus, but the changes donīt see to take. Any ideas? Have a nice afternoon!! Smile
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: