Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scribus 1.2.4.1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rhakios

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Scribus 1.2.4.1 Reply with quote

The latest version in the stable tree for Scribus is out, full announcement here.

I must be getting lazy, I have built and installed the package earlier this week, but completely forgot to post.
davecs
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 11:31 am    Post subject: RE: Scribus 1.2.4.1 Reply with quote

Thanks, Rhakios.

Any news on where the 1.3 unstable series is going? I am actually using 1.3.1 at present and find the mouse icons when using certain tools very helpful. I've not been able to compile the 1.3.2cvs (getting segfaults) so I wonder when there will be a release. I read the site and get the mailing but haven't seen anything on this.

BTW for the casual reader here, Scribus is a Desktop Publishing Program and every release ought to have everyone from Adobe to Serif quaking in their boots it just gets better and better!

Asus Asus M2N32 WS Pro+Athlon AM2/4200+ — GeForce 7600GT — 2Gb Cosair VS RAM — 500Gb WD5000AAKS SATA Drive — PCLinuxOS
Rhakios

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: Scribus 1.2.4.1 Reply with quote

davecs wrote:

Any news on where the 1.3 unstable series is going?

No idea beyond what you've read I'm afraid. I keep following the stable series as the computer at work (which I have subverted by installing Linux) is rather limited and only gets to run the stable series and I like to maintain document compatiblity. Besides which, it's still very usable. Smile
davecs
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:44 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: Scribus 1.2.4.1 Reply with quote

I noticed that there is now a feature freeze in the development series, which means it's bugfixes and translations only. That means that 1.3.2 will be out very soon.

Asus Asus M2N32 WS Pro+Athlon AM2/4200+ — GeForce 7600GT — 2Gb Cosair VS RAM — 500Gb WD5000AAKS SATA Drive — PCLinuxOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Announcements All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: