Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Online Magazine Version

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
comcamel
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Online Magazine Version Reply with quote

Is there any version of linxu format online, that i can download in pdf format for a cheaper price without the cost of the dvd as i cannot afford to pay out 6.00 each month, i would squeeze 4.00 a month like most magazines as an acceptable price but isn't possible. So is there an online magazine site with linux format with the contente for like 2.00 that you can pay with paypal thanks comcamel
lxfadmin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 11:38 pm    Post subject: RE: Online Magazine Version Reply with quote

I'm afraid there isn't at the moment. We will re-introduce an archive section for tutorials and other features, and at some point we may have some different options, but there are no firm plans yet.
phunkymunky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:19 pm    Post subject: RE: Online Magazine Version Reply with quote

thats a shame, it would likely be more reliable than the subscription service anyway!
BadAsh71

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:06 pm    Post subject: RE: Online Magazine Version Reply with quote

I would love to see an electronic format version of LXF.... I am a Linux Newbie and have perused the magazine aisles at many bookstores only to find that ALL Linux magazines come with either a set of CDs or DVDs and thus cost an arm and a leg. I have found myself looking through LXF every time I go to a store but not buying it because I have high-speed Internet access and can easily download any Distro I want so paying $10 USD for a magazine with DVDs or CDs I don't need is just not going to happen.

I wish LXF offered a (no cd) version or an electronic download version as suggested above.

Great mag though..... my favorite so far Smile
jjmac
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:41 pm    Post subject: RE: Online Magazine Version Reply with quote

>>
6.00 each month
>>

Hardly expensive, over here in Aus most mags are much dearer and the content is usually rubbish. Lots of places here too, have really bad inet connections, and some don't have any.

>>
but not buying it because I have high-speed Internet access and can easily download any Distro I want so paying $10 USD for a magazine with DVDs or CDs I don't need is just not going to happen.
>>

Lots don't. I think the US price isn't related to the cd/dvd inclusions though ... more a market scam at the US end. The cd/dvd's are a great repository in them selves, i reckon Smile

jm

The FVWM wm -=- www.fvwm.org -=-

Somebody stole my air guitar, It happened just the other day,
But it's ok, 'cause i've got a spare ...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: