Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

which version of xp home (32-64)bit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
linix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:31 pm    Post subject: which version of xp home (32-64)bit Reply with quote

Hiya,

Firstly, sorry about this, LoL. My sister has a athlon64 based computer with winxp home preinstalled, and she would like to know if it is the 64bit version, i do not know this rubb--- i mean software and woundered if some one could give a simple step by step guide to verifiing which one it is so i can e-mail the instructions to her as i cannot go to the comp to find out myself.

Cheers Nick
Nigel
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: RE: which version of xp home (32-64)bit Reply with quote

If it is the 64 bit version it will tell you on the splash screen as it boots up. Or right-click on My Computer & select Properties - it tells you what version of Windows you have on the General tab of the property sheet. If it doesn't explicitly say 64 bit then it's a 32 bit version.

Also, I have a suspicion that if it is badged as XP Home it will be the 32 bit version - I've only ever seen the 64 bit version in "Pro" guise.

Nigel.
linix

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject: RE: which version of xp home (32-64)bit Reply with quote

Hiya,

Cheers Nigel, i will forward the infomation, Incedentaly, i searched microsofts web site for the answer and it could not understand however i phrased it, LoL. I did notice references to 64bit pro and MC edition so i think you might be right. Cheers for your quick reply.

Nick
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Other OS All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: