Illegal Microsoft Advert Partnership - Help

The place to post if you need help or advice

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Illegal Microsoft Advert Partnership - Help

Postby comcamel » Thu May 05, 2005 4:46 pm

I have found some evidence that Microsoft is co-operating an illegal activity of Microsoft promoting Manufacturers computers on their game recommendation website - i have tried to contact Financial Services Authority but they cannot resolve it as it isn't in their department, how can i get someone or organisation to investigate further as it is annoying to see my computer underperform a rubbish computer that hasn't been modded!

I can give you the message details if you want to as they are simply mis-advertising and they haven't got anything on their site to say that it is wrong, as i tried it on my laptop and still it came out rubbish. Please advice!
comcamel
LXF regular

RE: Illegal Microsoft Advert Partnership - Help

Postby towy71 » Thu May 05, 2005 5:54 pm

Well I can't find any evidence of such but then I am using LINUX and looking at a Microsoft website that only works with ActiveX and Internet Exploder, BUT this is a Linux site if you have a beef with some other operating software you must find a more apropriate place to do it.
still looking for that door into summer
towy71

Postby Guest » Thu May 05, 2005 7:19 pm

no i have explained it wrong it isn't actual microsoft or windows itself but a section of microsoft, aswell i haven't found something illegal, but is really mis leading to consumers and web developers, it is another advert and microsoft should be investigated for their advertsing more, i can give you the message i posted to the fsa with the attachments later,

"

I have found some incriminating evidence whilst trying Microsoft's game advisor, this was for empire earth 2 and it had a dell system advert, showing comparison compared to my computer...

Okay in the first attachment you'll recieve the first reading of my DELL 8400 machine which contains a large amount of good hardware compared to the standard ones, such as it inlcluds an x850 xt card.

Well click on the advert showing dell's comparison and it says that an 8400 would run way better even though mine is a higher end version of the 8400, this is in the second attachment, this looks like a scam and is misleading by microsoft, which is illegal in the public eye...

Could you send this further up and absoultly nagg at microsoft with this illegal activity, i am only 13 and it shows that microsoft is promiting using illegal protocalls, please reply back... thanks

"

contact me at comcamel@gmail.com for the file attached as i cannot add it in here, that proves that microsoft is advertising using misleading approaches, which is diverse in many ways, does anyone now how many misleading adverts there has to be for microsoft to get properly investigated as i have found 1 that is illegal and another one which is misleading indirectly. i am currently trying ASA.org.uk hope that works

Postby towy71 » Thu May 05, 2005 8:22 pm

Wow a legal eagle already but I can assure you that Dollarsoft have the most expensive lawyers that are not being consulted by intergalactic beings and what you are saying here could be misconstrued as libel if you were worth more than half a crown.......

very good m'lud I apologise profusely and withdraw anything I just said ;-)

seriously MS is a crock of .... and if you pay them any attention it just encourages them, ignore them and they will eventually go away, with any luck taking their ball with them :lol:
Dick
towy71

Postby Flea » Fri May 06, 2005 12:14 am

ignore them and they will eventually go away

I have been ignoring them for about 4 years and they are still here! ;-)
The question is, what is a mahnamahna?
The question is, who cares?
Flea
LXF regular

Postby alloydog » Fri May 06, 2005 11:50 am

If you think an advert is wrong, in that it is misleading, illegal, or offensive anyway, then you need to know which part of Microsoft has put the advert(s) up? You then put your complaint to the agency that monitors advertising in that country.

For example it was Microsoft Ltd,. in the UK and the advert was clearly aimed at UK residents, for example the prices were in GB pounds, then you take you complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority
alloydog
LXF regular

Re: RE: Illegal Microsoft Advert Partnership - Help

Postby towy71 » Fri May 06, 2005 6:33 pm

Flea wrote:I have been ignoring them for about 4 years and they are still here! ;-)

Well somebody must be buying computers with MS products on them and updating them so tell them to stop it ;-)
towy71

RE: Re: RE: Illegal Microsoft Advert Partnership - Help

Postby davecs » Fri May 06, 2005 6:58 pm

Well it wasn't me!

I can list all the M$ progs I've paid for over 11 years of PC Computing, and this even includes BEFORE I knew better:

MS DOS 6 (but I actually used to use 4DOS)
Win for Workgroups 3.11
Win 95 SE (OEM)
Win 98 SE (OEM)

And I have none I haven't paid for (excluding official free downloads).

:D :D :D
Asus Asus M2N32 WS Pro+Athlon AM2/4200+ — GeForce 7600GT — 2Gb Cosair VS RAM — 500Gb WD5000AAKS SATA Drive — PCLinuxOS
davecs
LXF regular

RE: Re: RE: Illegal Microsoft Advert Partnership - Help

Postby Guest » Fri May 06, 2005 7:09 pm

well it is misleading to eyes of the public view, which is me i suppose, if it was related and commented by another company they would get their lawyers on you like firemen on a daily schedule. If you read the eula properly you can see rubbish things that they put in that restrict you a lot. i am waiting for a response however i will try my best to bring microsoft one step down.

Return to Help!