Wireless Keyboard & Mouse for Gaming

For discussing Linux compatible (or not) devices

Moderators: ChrisThornett, LXF moderators

Postby noelob » Tue May 09, 2006 8:01 pm

Hi,

I had originally done a search for xev in Mandriva Control Centre -> Software Package Installation under "in Names" which resulted in nothing. Following nelz's advice I searched under "in file names" which turned up BitchX, man-pages-fr and X11R6-contrib. I couldnt find any indication that xev was part of this package from the description until I turned on the "Maximum Information" option, and low and behold, it was listed as one of the files contained in the package.

Thanks!!

Kind regards,
Noel

P.S. It there a website where I can look to tell me which package a utility or library resides in? This would be very useful when compiling source based applications, e.g. compiler stopped due to lack of libXXX-so.2. How can I find out the package said library should be in?

Thanks.
noelob

Postby nelz » Tue May 09, 2006 8:33 pm

You can use rpmfind.net, but Mandriva's own tools are better for this. The urpmf command line tool is particularly good.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Postby nelz » Tue May 09, 2006 8:36 pm

shifty_ben wrote:makes a change from me being corrected :D

No it doesn't!

:lol:
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." (Albert Einstein)
nelz
Site admin

Previous

Return to Hardware