Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

comments in LOGO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Programming
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lancer
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: comments in LOGO Reply with quote

...specifically, the turtle language LOGO: Berkeley Logo 5.4

I'm teaching some kids to program in this. They are making programs to draw houses etc and some of their programs are gettign rather long, about to lose track of what lines do what...

...so comments are very much needed but how? I didn't think this would be hard to figure out but I have tried using REM, #, !, ', // and a few others...most just return error messaages of "I don't know how to..."
TonyLB
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: RE: comments in LOGO Reply with quote

A quick Google came up with this
http://docs.kde.org/en/3.4/kdeedu/kturtle/reference.html

Tony
Lancer
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:40 am    Post subject: RE: comments in LOGO Reply with quote

I already did a quick google. Always do before asking here. Your page says to use hash character # for comments like this.

# This should be a comment but it does not work.

Unfortunately, Berkeley Logo must use some other syntax. This morning a search including "Berkeley" gave me a page which said to use an apostrophie. But unfortunately...

' This does not work either.

Howevre, in class we got online and found another page which said to use a semicolon...

; Whad'y'know - it works! Smile

Never knew a language like this would have so many variances depending on the version.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Programming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: