Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Website incompatible with a Linux browser

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeoNorth

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:40 am    Post subject: Website incompatible with a Linux browser Reply with quote

I can't log in using Konqueror 3.4.3

Whenever I try it just sends me loops over with the warning that the data will be resubmitted... over and over again.

Yeah, it doesn't hurt to have Firefox as well, but let's not make Firefox the IE of Linux, eh?
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: RE: Website incompatible with a Linux browser Reply with quote

I've been using Konqueror with this site since before it was launched, which would have been around Konqueror 3.4.1 or 3.4.2 (I never used 3.4.3). There were some speed issues very early on, but never a login problem. Unless this is something peculiar to 3.4.3, which is highly unlikely as no one else has reported it, I suspect the problem lies either i your Konqueror config or some weird proxy behaviour at your ISP.

Try creating a new user in KDE then using Konqueror as that user to log in. This will have the effect of resetting everything to the defaults.
MartyBartfast
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: RE: Website incompatible with a Linux browser Reply with quote

FWIW I'm posting this from Konqueror 3.4.3, no probs at all, so looks like it's your settings.
TheDoctor
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Website incompatible with a Linux browser Reply with quote

GeoNorth wrote:

Whenever I try it just sends me loops over with the warning that the data will be resubmitted... over and over again.

Yeah, it doesn't hurt to have Firefox as well, but let's not make Firefox the IE of Linux, eh?

I had this problem a couple of months ago. It's because you're not accepting cookies from the site. Fix that and all will be well, I'll wager.
GeoNorth

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:59 am    Post subject: Re: Website incompatible with a Linux browser Reply with quote

TheDoctor wrote:
GeoNorth wrote:

I had this problem a couple of months ago. It's because you're not accepting cookies from the site. Fix that and all will be well, I'll wager.

That's not the problem at all, Konqueror is set to accept cookies, the only setting I can change is to accept cookies only from the originating server.

I changed that and set my cookie policy to "ask" only difference was it asked me to accept 2 cookies from advertsiing.com. I accepted the cookies and still get the looping problem.

EDIT: right, turns out if I leave the site and come back again or manually type in the homepage I'm logged in and able to post under Konq. A minor niggle but still something I don't have to do under Firefox Razz I think it might be worth fixing, but you may disagree Very Happy
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 11:20 am    Post subject: RE: Re: Website incompatible with a Linux browser Reply with quote

It is worth fixing, but the problem apparently lies at your end, as no one else is experiencing this. I still think you should try with a new user, so KDE is running everything at the default settings.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> This Website All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: