KDE has tabbed file browsing, you can copy 100's of files in one go and not lose 10 a long the way, I just get stuff done quicker in KDE than gnome (nautilus file manager gets right on my tits after a few mins). The program applets, like the file browser dialogues are the SAME, not different for EVERY app.
Gnome, AFAIK (based on usage of 2.10):
- No tabbed file browsing.
- No transfer rate/speed shown when moving/copying files.
- Nautilus is quite slow at re-drawing directories, compared to konqueror (why
has gnome got this mith that its _faster_ than kde).
- FTP was slow to react when changing , 10-15 seconds as opposed to 1 second
in konq on same server).
- Load times of some components slow, ie console compared to konsole.
- Nice gtk/gnome based apps: Gimp, AbiWord + Gnumeric (far better than kword
and kspread), Audacity, PgAdmin, Gaim, XChat, Evolution, Sylpheed.
- Nice QT based aps: Amarok, Kaffeine, Digikam, K3b, Scribus, Kontact.