Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Flash Card Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phil

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:31 pm    Post subject: Flash Card Problem Reply with quote

I have had problems with flash card readers for some time now. Initially I thought it was a hardware problem, its clearly not.
Anyway I first encountered it with Suse 8.1 and 9, also Fedora and Mandrake/Mandriva. The firewire card reader mounts ok, and the contents listed, but thumbnails take ages to appear, and transferring files to a home folder ditto, something like30Mb per hour with jpegs.
I have always used KDE, but recently tried Gnome (mandriva 2005Le) and it works fine, file transfers and thumbnail speeds are what they ought to be.
So why is KDE so slow in this respect, have I missed some obscure Konqeror setting or what?
Any advice appreciated-its been bugging me for ages!
Phil
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: