Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MikeOS

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> LXF Blog Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crispibits
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:10 pm    Post subject: MikeOS Reply with quote

So, can we expect to see it on next month's coverdisc? More to the point, if you're getting *that* involved, are we likely to ever actually to see any more coverdisc, or other articles by Mr Saunders?

I'm just waiting for the next HotPicks:

MikeOS

Floppy Driver for MikeOS

vga driver for MikeOS

Aside from that, well done, and muchos geek points to you sir, I tip my hat. By the way, are you lot going to move into the new Future buildings over the river next to Quasar? Just noticed the sign up today...
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject: Re: MikeOS Reply with quote

crispibits wrote:
More to the point, if you're getting *that* involved, are we likely to ever actually to see any more coverdisc, or other articles by Mr Saunders?

Naturally! Except they'll all be for MikeOS Format Smile

crispibits wrote:

Floppy Driver for MikeOS

vga driver for MikeOS

I've already got some VGA graphics demos running using BIOS calls. But in order to call the BIOS, I've got to code in 16-bit real mode, which ain't fun!

Quote:
Aside from that, well done, and muchos geek points to you sir, I tip my hat. By the way, are you lot going to move into the new Future buildings over the river next to Quasar? Just noticed the sign up today...

The location of LXF Towers is top secret. Even I don't know where it is! I just clamber into a long tunnel near the train station, and eventually emerge in the LXF Dungeon where I graft away on the discs and website.

As for that building you mention, it's been Future's for a couple of years now; they've just started putting bigger signs up Smile

M
Vanders

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:02 am    Post subject: RE: Re: MikeOS Reply with quote

That's it Mike, you're tainted for life now. There is no going back; you shall forever know what the A20 line is and what a GDT and LDT are, some of the lesser horrors that lurk within. You shall never again be able to watch a computer boot without a small part of your brain mentally walking through the boot process. You have been exposed to the terrible secrets of space...
crispibits
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: RE: Re: MikeOS Reply with quote

Quote:
in order to call the BIOS, I've got to code in 16-bit real mode

I must say, I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'm sure you'll let us know when you've done it Smile
As for the location of LXF Towers, I notice that Future put up signs all over Bath. I guess this done to confuse the enemy in a similar way to the removal of signposts during WWII...
marco
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 3:05 pm    Post subject: Re: MikeOS Reply with quote

M-Saunders wrote:
The location of LXF Towers is top secret. Even I don't know where it is! I just clamber into a long tunnel near the train station, and eventually emerge in the LXF Dungeon where I graft away on the discs and website.

Bath sounds guite interesting. I should probably go there to have a look at the dungeon at the train station Smile
GMorgan
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: MikeOS Reply with quote

You should see if you can get to version 13 before the HURD gets released.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> LXF Blog Comments All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: