Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

July in May??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ggsinclair
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 8:53 am    Post subject: July in May?? Reply with quote

It only seems like 2 weeks since I received my smashing June edition of LXF through the post.

I got home yesterday (May 25th) to find the July edition sitting on my doormat!

Whats going on?? Very Happy

Gordon
Nigel
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: RE: July in May?? Reply with quote

It's because they publish 13 issues per year - the extra one, in December, is called the "Christmas" issue.
So they get sent out roughly 4 weeks apart. Subscriber issues are sent out a little early, so we receive them about a week before the mag appears in the shops.

Nigel.
Nobber
LXF regular

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 3:32 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: July in May?? Reply with quote

Nigel wrote:
Subscriber issues are sent out a little early, so we receive them about a week before the mag appears in the shops.

Apart from that dark period in LXF's history where subscribers received their copies about a week after they hit the shelves, and sometimes not at all.

Lest we forget... Exclamation
towy71

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2005 5:28 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: July in May?? Reply with quote

not bitter are we Nobber? Wink

lol
Hudzilla
Site admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: RE: Re: RE: July in May?? Reply with quote

Gordon,

13 issues a year means we have very little holiday time Wink Still, would anyone rather we made one less issue a year? I hope not!

As for the subs... *sigh*... I probably shouldn't comment in public about other parts of the company, but suffice to say I think the subs people pick fleas from each other inbetween issues. It's really irritating when we work as hard as we can to make the magazine, only for someone else to screw up and have readers get annoyed with - naturally - us. At least Nobber, bitter as he might be, doesn't call us up to demand to know where his subs copy is when it's late Wink

Paul
phunkymunky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Re: RE: July in May?? Reply with quote

Nigel wrote:
Subscriber issues are sent out a little early, so we receive them about a week before the mag appears in the shops.

Thats if you receive them at all , still waiting on issue 66(sold out so im told) and 68, so much for subscriptions and i was following the tutorials!! Guess im gonna have to give my local newsagent my business.

Hudzilla wrote:
Gordon,

At least Nobber, bitter as he might be, doesn't call us up to demand to know where his subs copy is when it's late Wink

Paul

No but i have only to be told its no longer available.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Magazine and coverdiscs All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: