Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sad day at work :(
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shifty_ben
LXF regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear that filth, it seems to be happening more and more frequently at the moment. Yours is the first company to use quite such an appalling way of telling its employees, at least that I've heard of.

Personally I hate having to give disciplinary meetings, let alone fire people. I've only got 5 staff so I imagine its worse for people who have enough staff to practically guarantee someone is doing something wrong all the time.

Sadly my job may also be in danger in the not so distant future, the company sold our freehold on the building and is now renting it back from the landlord at an extortionate rate, unfrotunately it was Head Office who decided what the rent would be as part of the Business As Usual sale. Inevitably they are now complaining that we are not making enough money, despite the fact they know that agreeing to pay approx 1200 in rent a week is stupid. Keep in mind that rent is for one floor, downstairs now pay their rent to the landlord and upstairs is empty space.

From the companies point of view they made a quick mil or so, from mine and the staffs point of view, through incompetence they have almost guaranteed our redundancy.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: