Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ECI B-Focus USB 150 + Linux

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: ECI B-Focus USB 150 + Linux Reply with quote

Hi, I have Tiscali Broadband and USB modem B-FOCuS USB 150, connected to my PC running Xandros 3.0. I'v been trying to set up Internet connection. I found a driver for my modem (http://eciadsl.flashtux.org/download/eciadsl-usermode_0.10-1_i386.deb) and I have installed it via Xandros Network. So... my question is : What is the next step to get get that modem working.
THX for any help.
Michal.

PS. Sorry for my EnGlish.
youlikeicecream
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: RE: ECI B-Focus USB 150 + Linux Reply with quote

you probably need to configure the ADSL modems connection parameters OR set up your Network connection. Am not familiar with Xandros so I cant say where to find this information.

Mike Smile
kat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:36 pm    Post subject: RE: ECI B-Focus USB 150 + Linux Reply with quote

Yes, but the main problem is that Xandros is unable to detect that modem. Any way, Xandros is unable to start any more after I installed that driver and reboot PC ... Hmmm ... I will go back and i'll install old good Slackware again. Should be easyer to find out what is wrong with that modem/driver.
youlikeicecream
LXF regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: RE: ECI B-Focus USB 150 + Linux Reply with quote

Sounds like a solution, but, as I have said before ... buying a router will just make life easier all-round. you wont need drivers as it is just reliant on your net card drivers (which are nearly all found by new distros)

at the end of the day you can stick with USB connection, but this will hold back your freedom of choice over which OS you want to be running

Mike Smile
karbolet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am dealing with the same problem and it seems that B-FOCuS USB 150 is not supported by the eciadsl driver, more probable to solve it through eagle-usb drivers - though I have not succeded in that yet... Sad
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Help! All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: