Linux Format forums Forum Index Linux Format forums
Help, discussion, magazine feedback and more

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mike: Did you get your Wii?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donoreo
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Mike: Did you get your Wii? Reply with quote

I heard it was launched in Europe over the weekend.
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:45 pm    Post subject: RE: Mike: Did you get your Wii? Reply with quote

I did indeed! Got it at midnight on Thursday evening. Let me just say, it delivers everything it promises, and then truckloads more. The controllers are wonderful, Wii Sports is tremendous fun, and Zelda... well, it's probably the most immersive game I've ever played. Totally, utterly astonishing. I've been ultra busy the last few days, but expect a blog post very soon!

Mike
donoreo
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject: RE: Mike: Did you get your Wii? Reply with quote

They had several kiosk set ups yesterday at the http://www.torontoeatoncentre.com mall yesterday (which, ironically, no longer has an Eaton's store since they are now out of business). There was a large crowd.

The Wii is the only console I have actually thought about purchasing in 20 years.
drws
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: RE: Mike: Did you get your Wii? Reply with quote

The Wii is outstanding, from its sleek design to simplicity of the controls it is truly a great piece of hardware/software.
Zelda is a joy to play as is Monkey Ball.
If you can find one, buy one. Very Happy
GMorgan
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: RE: Mike: Did you get your Wii? Reply with quote

Have you managed to get Linux running off an SD-card yet. I reckon LXF should do a bounty for a Wii based Linux distribution.
M-Saunders
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: RE: Mike: Did you get your Wii? Reply with quote

Nay, but I'm intrigued by the whole "controlling the X cursor with a Wiimote" business. I just need to convince Nick that we should run a tutorial on it Wink

M
nelz
Site admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:43 am    Post subject: RE: Mike: Did you get your Wii? Reply with quote

Does the Wiimote use the Bluetooth HID protocols? If so it should be possible to get the mouse pointer to go crazy while you wave your arms round like a nutter Smile
GMorgan
LXF regular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 10:58 am    Post subject: RE: Mike: Did you get your Wii? Reply with quote

You could install AIGLX/Compiz and do something similar to the face in M64. If you moved the Wiimote while holding the button down the desktop stretches to follow the cursor slowly returning back once you release.
emyr42
LXF regular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:28 am    Post subject: RE: Mike: Did you get your Wii? Reply with quote

I wish I could afford a haptic device for my PC... way nicer than the wiimote Very Happy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Linux Format forums Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: